SKWeb is a java web framework that is designed to be simple and easy to maintain, with HTML based templates and a complete view and controller separation.
- Complete separation between view (a template and associated view class), data (a model class) and business logic (a controller class).
- Templates which easy to write, maintain and can be edited with a standard HTML editor
- There is no need to learn any new HTML like tags - only a couple of attributes
- The ability to create a master template (called an outer view), in order to have a consistent header and footer across different pages
- Easy to replicate HTML elements for each item in a list
- Easy to show/hide sections of HTML based on the model data that is produced
- External storage for the HTML templates, which allows them to be updated in realtime.
- The ability to write controllers which are as powerful as standard servlets.
- Fast rendering process: Get controller for URL, execute controller, optionally generate a view (build view data structure, parse template, render HTML)
- Views are stateless. Therefore there is no requirement for data to be persisted between page requests.
- Map multiple search engine frindly URLs to a single controller.
- Only a single dependency: A servlet container.
- Optionally integrates with Spring.
- Java based configuration.
SKWeb has been taken offline. If you wish to get a copy, contact the developer.
A second version is in progress with a number of improvements, including:
- Google Guice integration, better Spring integration and support for other/custom containers.
- Convenient GET/POST parameter parsing and eaiser URL generation
- A restructure of the HTML view generation process. View classes are no longer required. All data is automatically extracted and converted from model classes and merged to the HTML template file.